Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pure philosophy and no pictures


 I sort of like it, my life in Kathmandu. I’ve written so much about different challenges I am facing, about cold, pollution, dangers and discomfort here. To be honest, I hate most of the things I see here, but on the other hand I enjoy my life here too.
Another day I was speaking to my friend that I believe I lived in Nepal in previous lives and therefore being here, visiting these places is an absolute must for me. Throughout the way I was raised I have developed certain life criteria and the type of mind which would hate (I repeat again) most of what I see, hear, feel here on each and every step: ignorance, inequalities, corruption, destroying environment, cheating…
On the other hand at the moment of getting out from the plane and changing the picture from organized Europe to Nepal I feel like throwing my habits, clothes and beliefs, getting into old skirts, putting oil in my greasy hair, not washing face or body, running barefoot having different chains, necklaces and bangles, running on the small trails, jumping from a stone to stone across the river to maybe reach that lonely house on the top of that hill. I guess somewhere deep inside my logical organized essence there is a hidden Nepali mountain child. Call it whatever you do.
And then my friend would say that I seem to be so natural here and my “hate” also seem very natural, just like natives would complain about their country too.
I like my pace here. I enjoy waking up with the sun, my slow mornings and the joy of making a breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love going for vegetable shopping and to see so much of fresh varieties. Remembering Danish supermarkets full of frozen vegetables, which look like dead bodies in the mortuary. No wonder people eat so much meat, those Danish vegetables are energy-less!
I love my evening hearing stories of people from different world parts.
And I love that here the whole day is taken by practical things for living. I even enjoy the necessity to wait and to spend so much time for everything here. To get angry for “wasting my time” and at the end to become a little bit more peaceful, less stressed, more quiet.
Here I would almost never wear make-up or look in the mirror, most of the time I really don’t care about my look. I would not need to go to Danish class when I am tired, to be always in shape, to go daily to the office, smile and talk about nothing, make plenty of calls to officials, deal with bills, house, shopping, a flatmate, a boyfriend, running, not sleeping, relaxing only in a weekly yoga class and still thinking about tomorrow.

Here everything is the same. Apart that my solitude and slow speed makes everything so quiet. It feels like I am getting closer to something sacred and I am quietly happily excited. I guess that something is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment