Sunday, December 23, 2012

Up and down in moods and hills on the way to Falaicchha


Reaching Falaichha (next destination) was not that easy. First we needed to go down, then up, then down, then up (read it 3 times again) until we entered one house, which was supposed to be our overnight stay. Usually my very friendly, talkative and soft (unable to say “no” to hundreds of tea invitations) assistant this time told me to speak by myself. Surprised I wore a mimic of a diligent student and said a primitive text in Nepali about who I am. Ehm, actually our hosts were English teacher in a secondary school+ English teacher and school principal! Great! Not at all, actually. My Nepali was so much better than their English so often I would find it much easier to use my poor vocabulary to explain what I need than to try to appeal to their English skills. I still wonder what an English teacher can teach if he even doesn’t know answer to the question “how old are you”…
Anyway, that was quite a horrible stay-we were charged really a lot and we both couldn’t stand the hosts urge of money. To make it worse-we were trying to plan our way up to Falaichha and a little bit drunk and a lot smelly driver promised to arrange everything and we would move tomorrow at 5.
Next morning he woke up after 6. You can imagine how angry I was for waking up and waiting for him in that early and extremely cold hour after exhausting walk previous day! The things got only worse-we drove for 4 hours to get to know that actually nothing is set and our way to the destination is blurry. So, annoyed up to the highest limit we skipped the drive and started to walk back and up.
Remembering now the walk to Kopchhe (just before Falaichha village), few things pop in my mind-lack of water for half a day (and in general I’m close to die if I don’t drink and walk a lot), a heavy bag, very slippery way and fear from darkness which reached us in the forest before we got any signs of humankind.
 But above all-the mysterious forest. Even Sunil, the graduate from forestry, would say this is very unusual forest, especially in those heights. I could swear to you-Avatar producers would be jealous if they saw those trees! They could speak and I am sure they could hug you or kill you.
A tree from a fairy tale
And only forest around
Let’s though go back to the darkness and the slippery way. Already exhausted and starving for water in twilight finally we saw a spring. Being so happy I filled my bottles but forced myself to wait for purification pills to work-the source was too low to trust it blindly.
Was getting darker and darker, the road more and more slippery and around-only deep forest.
Finally one house appeared. Knowing that it was one and only before another long walk to any settlements, my lips, totally dry, were unable to pronounce anything logical, but eyes were so desperate… in this case language is not needed and the first words of the owner were – stay here, don’t go further. Stay with us and in the morning you continue your walk. Hearing this revealing melody I imagined myself as an old-time traveller, who would ask for shelter and water on the way.
Our hosts-quiet a bad picture, though
The smiles of those two people are still in my memory. Feel like after an exhausting physically or morally day I would always like to come to their fireplace and enjoy their simplicity and heart-brightness.
Unfortunately tiredness led to sneezing, crying and coughing all night and next day for me. Getting from this family some weird spicy berries and branches to chew against my cold we left this wonderful place, where I could spend all my life.
In couple of hours we reached a bazaar, where I could finally get warm tea. My throat was so sore and my eyes were so much crying that I wouldn’t like to talk or to even look at the curious crowd in the tight circle around me. Nevertheless my sick appearance would be so appealing to the young girl-owner of the “cafĂ©”. She gave us some snacks and tea for free and sit nearby when I was in the “toilet” in which wood cracks would actually be bigger than wood. Moreover, she would constantly tell me how cute and nice I am and at the end would even give me bangles as souvenirs.
Well, life is never boring here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment